I have been researching health issues for more than 30 years and in that time have come across many horrific data concerning the state of medicine in the US. In this first article I will go over a few of them.
Despite the overwhelming amount of supporting documentation in books, videos and web articles there will be those who will still refuse to believe some of what I will be going over and will blindly follow the brainwashing propaganda that they are spoon fed daily in the media and on the web.
Unfortunately, these will go on to suffer – literally – the debilitating and degenerative physical consequences of that blindness by becoming “medical wreckage” at enormous expense and finally becoming unfixable even by actual workable technologies.
Let me be clear. These articles are not suggesting that medical doctors are evil or that there is no legitimate use for medications or surgery (trauma is a legitimate use so long as the patient is gotten off the toxic medications as soon as possible thereafter).
Many US medical doctors are well-intentioned people who went into medicine with a genuine desire to help people. Why they generally fail to do so, while at the same time causing immense and often irreparable damage, will be examined in depth in upcoming articles. I will also show you where the real evil does lie and why.
First, a few of the eye-opening statistics and some other key data:
1) When hospitals or doctors go on strike, the death rate goes down and when they go back to work, the death rates rise again. 1, 2
2) At the beginning of the 20th century the US ranked 1st in health among the major industrial nations. US spending per capita on health is currently the highest in the world yet the US now ranks 37th in actual health statistics in the top industrial countries and has the highest infant mortality rate. The US also rates 24th in life expectancy. More people than ever are on drugs and yet most major diseases are on the rise including a 40% increase in cancer deaths per capita in the last 4 decades and a 300% increase in strokes in middle-aged women in the last 5 years. 3
3) Medical doctors have killed more than 10 million Americans in the last 10 years, more than all the casualties combined from every war that America has fought through its entire history. 7
4) The third highest cause of deaths in the US is what is termed "iatrogenic", which means "induced in a patient by a physician's activity, manner, or therapy." This accounts for an estimated 225,000 deaths per annum which is about 10% of total deaths from all causes including old age. Of these, 12,000 deaths result from unnecessary surgery. The highest cause of deaths in the US is heart disease (725,000) and the 2nd highest is cancer (549,000). Both of these were almost unheard of at the beginning of the twentieth century. More and more medications including cholesterol drugs, birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy, among others, are being found to be a major cause of cancer 2, 4, 13, 14
Note: These and the figures below are far lower than the actual numbers since reporting of such statistics is voluntary and some studies suggest that doctors are the leading cause of death. In one actual example, the reported cases of adverse reactions to Dioxin in a year were reported to be 82 yet actual checks of hospital records revealed the true figure to be 28,000. In other words, less than 0.3% were reported. 5
5) 180,000 deaths a year occur due to adverse reactions to prescription medications. By comparison, general accidents in life account for 98,000 per annum. This includes 42,000 from car accidents, 120 from airline crashes, 90 from being struck by lightning and 5 from Anthrax (in 2001). 15,500 die from murders and 20,000 from flu or its complications. 6
6) Medications tend to have a stronger effect as you age. The risk increases as the number of medications increases. When five different drugs are taken, the risk of a bad reaction goes up to 50 percent. With eight or more drugs, the risk is about 100 percent. It should be obvious that you can’t keep filling a body with poisons and expect a good result. 5
7) An estimated 2 million people a year (11% of those admitted) catch infections in hospitals that they didn't have when they were admitted and approximately 90,000 of them die from these infections. The likelihood of infection is: urinary tract infections (34%), surgical site infections (17%), respiratory infections especially pneumonia (13%), blood infections/bacteremia (14%), skin (especially burns), gastrointestinal tract infections, and central nervous system infections. 8
8) About 2,216,000 annual hospitalizations result in adverse drug reactions and these account for 106,000 deaths annually. 9
9) It’s estimated that 80% of the population in medical hands will end up with a tumor, cancer, diabetes, heart disease or some other type of physical problem(s) or pain. 10
10) Side effects of commonly used over-the-counter pain relievers include gastric ulcers, bleeding stomachs, hospitalizations and 16,500 deaths last year. 11
11) Doctors are 9,000 times more likely to accidentally kill you than gun owners.12
Simply because there is such a huge percentage of under-reported cases, these statistics are just the tip of iceberg. Even if they weren't, they would still be a damning indictment of the state of the US medical system.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is seriously wrong.
In the upcoming articles I will be going over exactly what that something is, as well as reviewing and presenting truly workable solutions. Part 2 is here.
If you’re interested in the true basics of human health you should also check this page out:
Death by Modern Medicine - Dr. Carolyn Dean MD ND
Death By Prescription: The Shocking Truth Behind An Overmedicated Nation - Ray D. Strand, M.D.
The Great Health Heist - Paul J. Rosen, J.D., L.Ac.
The Rise and Fall of Modern Medicine - James Le Fanu
Diet & Heart Disease: It's NOT What You Think... - Stephen Byrnes, Ph.D., RNCP
The Anti-Depressant Fact Book: What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, and Luvox - Peter R. Breggin
Modern Medicine: The New World Religion: How Beliefs Secretly Influence Medical Dogmas and Practices - Olivier Clerc, Michael Misita, and Rachel Stern
America Fooled: The Truth About Antidepressants, Antipsychotics And How We've Been Deceived - Timothy Scott
Empty Harvest: Understanding the Link Between Our Food, Our Immunity And Our Planet - Dr. Bernard Jensen & Mark Anderson
Medical Merry-Go-Round: A Plea for Reasonable Medicine - M. Glasser
Death By Medicine: Millions of Lives Lost at the Hands of Conventional Medicine - Gary Null Ph. D.
Why Splenda, NutraSweet, and the FDA May be Hazardous to Your Health - Dr's Joseph Mercola and Kendra Degen Pearsall
The History of a Crime Against The Food Law - Harvey W. Wiley, M.D.
How Doctors Think - Jerome Groopman
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration - Weston A. Price, D.D.S.
Food Is Your Best Medicine - Henry G. Bieler, M.D.
Going Back To The Basics of Human Health: Avoiding the Fads, the Trends and the Bold-Faced Lies - M. A. Frost
Prescription For Disaster (DVD) - Gary Null
The World Is Flat: A Brief History of The Twenty-First Century - Thomas L. Friedman
The Truth About the Drug Companies: How They Deceive Us and What To Do About It - Marcia Angell, M.D.
Our Toxic World: A Wake Up Call - Doris J. Rapp, M.D.
The Real Truth About Vitamins And Antioxidants - Judith A. DeCava, MS, LNC
Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do! - David Brownstein, MD
Heart Frauds - Charles T. McGee
High Blood Pressure Hoax - Sherry A. Rogers, MD
Pottenger's Cats - A Study In Nutrition - Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., MD
Seeds Of Deception - Jeffrey M. Smith